The bums are back and we got so excited screening the first batch of this year’s ski movie trailers that we couldn’t help but share them with you guys! It may be a bit early, but what better way to celebrate the days getting shorter and rapidly approaching arrival of Our favorite season!
- Mario : Magnify Brewing – Woah Nelly Double IPA 8% – Fairfield, NJ
- Brian : Magnify Brewing – Woah Nelly Double IPA 8% – Fairfield, NJ
About Woah Nelly
Farmhouse funk meets the best New Zealand has to offer. Woah Nelly is hopped with an absurd amount of Nelson Sauvin, and complimented perfectly with Motueka hops.
August 6 is IPA Day
- Longest indoor slope in the world Scheduled to Open in Dubai (planetski.eu)
- The proposed slope would be 1.2km long and is part of a huge new shopping mall and residential development in Dubai.
- The development has the rather unimaginative name of Meydan One and the whole complex will be on an area of 3.67m sq metres.
- The first phase could be completed by 2020.
- Currently the longest indoor ski slope in the world is the AlpinCenter in Bottrop, Germany. It is 640m long.
- The main slope at the Snow Centre in Hemel Hempstead is 160m long. At 1.2km the slope would be the equivalent in length of 12 football pitches.
- 2022 Beijing Olympic Mountain Venues Average 2″ Snow Depth (snowbrains.com)The 2022 Winter Olympics will be performed on 100% artificial snow.
- Alta Snowboarders Still Fighting; Claim Discrimination (nytimes.com)
- Bariloche, Argentina Conditions Report: 3-Feet of Fresh Snow & Literally No One Out (snowbrains.com)
- Who You Calling a Bum? – Ski towns are changing. So are the skiers who live in them. (skinet.com)
Screening is Believing
“For those who anticipate winter’s arrival with frothing mouths and the dreams of what may come,this past year came with an unfamiliar set of struggles as these perfect moments became more and more elusive. But for the TGR team, this only hardened their pursuit of winter’s rewards.” tetongravity.com
“The magic feet, the long shoes, the slippery sticks we manufacture then bolt, strap and heli-coil ourselves onto. These are the peacemakers of humanity and mother nature. Without them, we have limitations, with them, we have none. Newcomer urban skier Cam Riley joins the likes of Kye Petersen, Wiley Miller, David Wise, Eric Hjorleifson and Thayne Rich in 4FRNT’s 5th annual feature team film, Shaping Skiing.” 4frnt.com
No trailer yet, but tour dates have been posted
“Overwhelmed with the hyper-connectivity of the modern world, a group of friends embark on a journey to Japan in search of powder snow and good times – a quest to find and experience the ever-fabled ‘moment’.” reelhouse.org
“In March, Xavier de le Rue and Samuel Anthamatten travelled to Svalbard, a Norwegian archipelago in the Arctic Ocean, situated halfway between continental Norway and the North Pole to film the next mission, ‘Degrees North’. The idea was for Xavier and Samuel to use paramotors to access and ride incredible lines, never before ridden in the remote locations of the Atomfjiella region in Svalbard. Second part of the movie will be filmed this winter and will see Ralph Backstrom joining the crew, to discover a new zone in Alaska.” timelinemissions.com
Around the Horn
- Could Pot Help Vets with PTSD?
- Go On a Bendy Bender with Beer from Lululemon
- Amazon reportedly paying $250M to snag former Top Gear stars
- Soylent 2.0 is Coming“…this morning, Soylent creator Rob Rhinehart has announced a new development: ready-to-drink Soylent. Called “Soylent 2.0,” the pre-mixed product will ship in October to the US and Canada (more international shipping is coming, both for the old powder and the new liquid, but there isn’t a solid timeframe). The new pre-mixed liquid will come in 400 calorie bottles, sold in packs of 12, for $29 (if you subscribe to regular Soylent deliveries). That’s about $2.41-ish per 14oz (414ml) HDPE recyclable bottle. Assuming five drinks per day to hit 2,000 calories, that works out to about $12 per day of food. The per-day cost of powdered Soylent runs about $9 per day at its cheapest price.The 2.0 premixed form again alters the fat/carb/protein ratios of the product, going from 43/40/17 to 47/33/20. The shift results in a glycemic index of 49.2. Soylent 2.0 remains vegan, like the powder, and Rhinehart stressed to Ars that about half of the lipid calories come from algal sources, which he calls a “very efficient, very sustainable way of producing food.” The powder has always contained some soy lecithin, but the liquid actually shifts from rice protein to soy for its primary protein source.” Ars Technica
- Hitchhiking Robot’s Cross-Country Journey Comes to Tragic End in PhiladelphiaThe endearing droid that had thumbed its way across Germany, vacationed in the Netherlands and made the improbable 3,600-mile trek across Canada without incident survived just over two weeks and 300 miles in the United States. On Saturday, its creators announced that hitchBot had been vandalized beyond repair and abandoned on a street in Philadelphia.” washingtonpost.com/
- Nico Gerard Skyview Pinnacle – Fancy Watch + Apple Watch
- Anti-burping Drug for Cows May Save the Planet“So perhaps we should turn to our peaceful friends in the Netherlands for some advice. It’s there that DSM, a life and materials science company that began as a coal mining operation more than a century ago, has developed a method for curbing greenhouse emissions from cows by using a substance called a “methane inhibitor.” DSM calls it “Project Clean Cow,” but you can just think of it as GasX for Bessie.”” munchies.vice.com
- I Don’t Let My Kids Watch Winnie The Pooh Because I Don’t Want Them Idolizing A Fat Virgin“As a parent, I feel like everywhere I turn, someone is warning me about the dangers of letting my children watch TV. While I agree that it can be harmful in large doses, honestly, what really matters to me is just making sure that when my children do watch TV, they’re watching shows that impart some sort of positive value into their lives. This also means steering them away from programs that might affect them negatively, which is why I never allow my children to watch anything featuring Winnie the Pooh, the fat virgin.If you’re unfamiliar, Winnie the Pooh is a brainless bear who lives in the forest and slowly makes the world bad. He has beady serpent eyes and zero genitals, which is something we know because he never wears any pants or undergarments. In fact, he’s practically bragging about not having a penis. But even if he did have a penis, he wouldn’t know it, because his fat belly would keep him from seeing anything below his sad bear tits. It makes me mad just thinking about it. This bear, he just wanders around eating honey out of a jar with his bare hands like a fat savage. I hate it.” clickhole.com
Yes, if you’re wondering, the bums no sarcasim when we see it (did you see what we did there :trollface:)